Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Raspberry Cream Pie

We had a BBQ with friends today and I made a new recipe from the Pioneer Woman website.  I made Ree's Raspberry Cream Pie. 

If you know me very well, then you know that I'm not known for following a recipe.  I take them as a suggestion then do my own thing.    So if you want to make the pie by the recipe, click on the link above.  

This is such a a great dessert for a summer BBQ.  Next time I want to try it with strawberries.

Here is my version:

Raspberry Cream Pie
Source: Adapted from a recipe from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
1 pre-made Oreo cookie pie shell
5 Oreo cookies (crushed)
1 cup  Raspberries (plus extra for garnish)
3 Tbsp Sugar
3 Containers of Oikos Traditional Greek Yogurt - Raspberry
1 package (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
3-4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar

Place 1 cup raspberries in a plate, smash with a fork, sprinkle with 3 tbsp sugar. Set aside and let sit for 15 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt and instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder), beat on low  until combined - about 1 minute.  Then pour in one cup of the heavy cream and whip on low for 30 seconds.  Stop the mixer, scrape the sides of the bowl.  Turn on med-hi and beat for 2 minutes and the mixture is thick.

Fold in raspberries until just combined.  Pour into the pie pan and spread.  Freeze for 2 hours or until very firm.  Cut into slices and top each slice with cookie crumbs, dollops of whipped cream, and extra raspberries.  Keep in freezer, allowing time to thaw before serving.

To make the whipped cream, I used 1 cup of the heavy whipped cream and about 3-4 tbsp of powdered sugar.  Whip until it forms stiff peaks.

No comments: