Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Layer Salad

LAYER SALAD

In a large bowl, layer the following items

½ head lettuce, cut or torn into small pieces

Celery (I leave out because I don’t like it)

Diced onion

Chopped red bell pepper

Bag Frozen Peas

½ head lettuce, cut or torn into small pieces

Sprinkle with white pepper, tarragon leaves, parsley, and chives.  (or sprinkle with Fines Herbes from Penzeys and the white pepper)

Spread Buttermilk ranch dressing over the whole thing. (I make my own, using spices from Penzey’s spices and buttermilk and mayo)

Cover and place in the fridge over night.

Just before serving add cooked & crumbled bacon and some cheese.  (You can use any kind of cheese, I used the Mexican blend this time because it’s what I had on hand.  The other time I made it I used mozzarella)

No comments: