Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dirt Cake

It's amazing how many comments you get when you post on Facebook that you are making dirt cake (and pictures).  When I showed up at Aunt  Helen's house on Thanksgiving I had three different people ask....did you bring that dirt cake.  I have a feeling that if I hadn't I would have been in deep trouble!

Since it's such a family favorite, I'd best share it here on the blog so that it will make it into my cookbook whenever I get around to working on that.

Dirt Cake
1 package Oreos  (not double stuff)
1 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 large  container cool whip
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Crust the entire package of Oreos and place about 2/3 of the crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Set aside.

Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Add in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping.  Mix well then set aside.

In a separate bowl, mix pudding milk and vanilla.  Then fold the mixture  into the cream cheese mixture.

Pour over the crumb mixture.  Sprinkle with reserved crushed Oreos. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. 

(you can decorate the cake by putting gummy worms on top also)

No comments: