Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Turkey

Here's my recipe and secret to an always juicy turkey.

Thanksgiving Turkey
14 pound turkey
2 sticks of butter - melted
Kosher salt
Sage
Bicentennial Rub (from www.penzeys.com)
2 quartered onions
6 stalks of celery
1 large Turkey size oven bag
2 tbsp. flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash turkey and pat dry. 

Put 2 tbsp. flour in the oven bag and shake well to coat the inside. 

Rub the melted butter over the entire turkey and inside the turkey (make sure you removed the neck and giblets!)  Season the outside and inside of the turkey with kosher salt, sage, and bicentennial rub.  Place 1 onion and 4 stalks of celery in the bottom of the oven bag.  Place 1 onion and 2 stalks of celery in the cavity of the turkey.  Place the turkey in the bag -- BREAST SIDE DOWN! (this is the secret to juicy turkey).  Tie the bag.  Cut 6 vent holes in the bag and transport the turkey to a roasting pan.  Bake at 350* for 2 1/2 -3 hours (checking periodically toward the end of the baking time to see if the turkey is at the correct temperature.  Make sure you take the temperature in the breast and thigh and it needs to be 165*)

No comments: