Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Pecan Pie

Pecan pie is one of my favorites and I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman website.  I don't recall my Mom or Grandma ever making a pecan pie so I don't have a family recipe....but I've adopted this recipe and since I now make the Thanksgiving meal it's becoming one of my traditions.

Pecan Pie
Source: Pioneer Woman

1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup corn syrup
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 eggs
2 cups chopped pecans

Pour pecans in bottom of unbaked pie shell.  Mix all other ingredients and pour onto the pecans.  Bake 350 for 50 minutes.  Allow to cool overnight before serving.

No comments: