Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sloppy Joes

I found this recipe several years ago in a magazine.  It was from a lady who lived in Minnesota and she called them Minnesota Sloppy Joes.  I've made this recipe several times and they are really good in Missouri too!

This is the sloppy joe recipe I use when I serve sloppy joes at Katie's birthday parties.

Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. mustard (not dry mustard)
chopped onion, to taste
chopped celery, to taste  (sometimes I leave this out)

In a skillet, cook the meat till done, breaking apart the beef into small clumps as it cooks. Meanwhile collect the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker.  Stir in the cooked meat, cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally for 4-5 hours.  It can be made ahead and rewarmed for later.

For double or triple batches, cook the meat in a couple of skillets for more surface area.

No comments: