Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Dressing

Homemade dressing is a must at Thanksgiving....it's so much better than stove top!

Thanksgiving Dressing

1 loaf French bread
1 14 oz bag Pepperidge Farm Corn Bread stuffing
1 14 oz bag Pepperidge Farm Cubed Herb seasoned stuffing
2 sticks of butter
2 whole medium onions, diced
2 cups celery, chopped
2 large cans chicken broth
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp sage
salt
pepper

The night before, tear the French bread loaf into 1 inch pieces.  Spread on a baking sheet and let them dry overnight.

Mix the 2 bags of stuffing mix and the French bread pieces in a HUGE bowl.

In a large skillet, melt butter, add onion, celery, salt, and pepper.  Cook on medium for a few minutes.  Add spices and broth.  Bring to a boil.  Pour broth over the bread crumbs and toss lightly to mix.  (add more broth if needed -- and don't over stir the dressing.)  Spray 2 9x13 pans with Pam spray.  Pour the dressing into the pan.  Bake 30 minutes on 350* or until the top gets slightly crunchy.

This recipe will serve approximately 20 people.


No comments: