Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

1877 Sugar Cookies

When I was a kid Sandy Glor was our neighbor and we went to her for hair cuts and perms.  I was queen of the perms in the 1980's!  Oh well, that's another story.  Mom found this recipe in a magazine while we were there getting beautified.  It supposedly dates back to 1877.

1877 Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix and make into1 inch balls.  Roll in additional sugar, flatten with a glass.  Cook 10-12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet in a 350* oven.

No comments: