Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Suzie Homer Cookies

My Mom always calls her sister  (my Aunt Gaylene) Suzie Homer....and this is her recipe so thus they got dubbed as Suzie Homer cookies.

Suzie Homer Cookies
Source: Gaylene (Haney) Dugan

Beat the following until fluffy:
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil

Add:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour 

This will be a "gooey mess" -- put in the fridge until firm.

Roll into small balls, flatten with fork dipped in sugar.  Bake 12-15 minutes in a 350* oven.

No comments: