Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Angel Food Cake Icing

When your name is Angel....you get a lot of Angel Food Cakes made for you.  I do love Angel Food Cake but I don't like a lot of the overly sweet icings that you often find on these cakes.  This is my favorite icing for an Angel Food Cake and my Mom would make this and add food coloring to make the cake any color I wanted for my birthday.

Angel Food Cake Icing
Source: Judy Short

4 tbsp. flour
1 cup milk
Mix well and then put in pan.  Cook slow till real thick.  Let cool. (OK to put in the freezer to chill it.)

1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Beat 5 minutes till smooth and fluffy.  Then add the cooled stuff and beat 5 more minutes until fluffy.  (add food coloring now)  Put on cooled cake.

Yum Yum!

No comments: