Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pumpkin Bread

Huck was a very sweet lady that was our neighbor, fellow church member, and like a Grandma to me. She was very dear to my heart.  I can remember going to her house and staying all day.  We would bake, work on quilts, play with dolls, and go on adventures like feeding hay with her son in the snow.  Huckie was an excellent cook!  I only have a few of her recipes but I cherish those!

Pumpkin Bread
Source: Hilda Ethridge "Huck"

Preheat oven to 350*    Bake for 1 hour    Makes 3 loaves

3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp soda
2 cup pumpkin
1 cup nuts

Mix well and put into greased loaf pans.  Bake for about an hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes then loosen sides of loaves from pan and remove bread from the loaf pan.  Let cool about 2 hours.  Wrap tightly and this keeps for about 4 days or refrigerate and it will keep for about 10 days. 

No comments: