Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Raw Apple Cake

Years ago I worked at Oxford Home Health and I acquired this recipe during this time frame....I think it came from Sue Porter but my recipe doesn't say this so I'm just going off memory.  I do remember it being very good and I made this cake for my first Thanksgiving with Dan's family while we were dating.

Raw Apple Cake
Source: Sue Porter

1 1/2 c veg. oil
2 c sugar
3 eggs
3 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 c apples, raw and chopped fine
1 c coconut
1 c nuts
2 tsp vanilla

Combine first three ingredients then add the next 4 ingredients.  Mix well then add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Icing
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Mix thoroughly and put on cake while the cake is still warm.

No comments: