Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Fettuccine Alfredo

Fettuccine Alfredo is a family favorite but I'd never made it until my niece Kallen requested it for her birthday dinner.  I got the recipe from a coworker who also likes to cook and he said it was THE BOMB.  He wasn't kidding, it was very good!

Fettuccine Alfredo
Source: Matt Awad

1 pkg fettuccine noodles
2 sticks butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
chopped fresh parsley
Optional: couple cloves minced garlic

In a large sauce pot, cook fettuccine as directed on package.

While fettuccine is cooking, in a 2 quart saucepan,  heat butter and whipping cream over low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted.  Remove from heat then stir in salt, pepper, and cheese.

Drain fettuccine, return to sauce pot.  Pour sauce over warm fettuccine, stir until fettuccine is well coated.  Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments: