Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I made this recipe a few times this fall and Dan loved it.  The original recipe came from our local TV station and it called for black walnuts.  But I'm not a fan of walnuts so I substituted pecans.

Pumpkin Dump Cake

1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
1 (10 oz) can of evaporated milk
1 cup of light brown sugar
3 eggs (beaten slightly)
3 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 sticks of melted butter
1/2 cups of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of toffee bits (but I used more, probably at least 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350*.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.

Pour into your prepared pan.  Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix on top, followed by pecans and toffee bits.  Pour the melted butter evenly on top.

Bake for 40-45 minutes until center is set and edges are slightly browned.  Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments: