Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Huckies Cookies

When I lived at home I baked a lot.  My dad loved my baking and my Grandpa lived just up the road and he loved getting special deliveries of my homemade cookies, cakes, and other desserts.  I've made many cookie recipes...but this is my absolute favorite.  If I could only make one cookie, this would be it. 

Huckie's Cookies
Source: Hilda Ethridge

Cream:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening

Beat in:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 cups sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Cook on a greased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes in a 350* oven.

No comments: