Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Orange Jello Cake

Katie's Aunt Marcia makes one of the best jello desserts you will ever try.  The creamy orange-vanilla combination is delicious.

Orange Jello Cake
Source: Marcia Dotson

1  yellow cake mix
1 small package  (4 serving size) orange jello
3/4 cup boiling water
2/3 cup cold water
1 (8oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (8oz) container cool whip
1 small package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding


Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease and flour a 13x9" pan.  For cake, prepare and bake following directions.  Cool 25 minutes.

Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water.  Set aside at room temperature, stir occasionally.

Poke holes in top of warm cake with long tined fork.  Pour jello slowly over cake.  Refrigerate until cool.

For topping, combine oranges, cool whip, pudding mix (unprepared) and 2/3 cup water in large bowl.  Stir until well blended, crushing oranges slightly.  Spread over cake.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: