Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pasta Salad

This summer I discovered a recipe for a pasta salad that I love.  It's my new go-to recipe when I need to take a side dish to a BBQ,  family gathering, etc.  It's easy to make and really good. 

It's a Pioneer Woman recipe, and the original recipe can be found on the Food Network website.  I've made just a few changes because a few ingredients were not available at our grocery store.

Pasta Salad
Source: Adapted from Pioneer Woman

12 oz bowtie pasta (or other fun shaped pasta)
8 slices thin bacon
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup whole milk
4 tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
dash sugar
10 oz grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise (I use a combination of red and yellow)
1/2 pound cheddar cheese cubes or Monterrey jack cheese cubes
ground black pepper
3 green onions, thinly sliced
basil leaves - dried about 1 tbsp. (if you can find fresh the original recipe called for 24 whole basil leaves, chiffonade)

Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.  Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool.  Set aside.

Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, sauté until slightly crisp in a large skillet.  Remove to a paper towel lined plate.

For the dressing, mix the mayo, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.

Stir together the pasta, dressing, tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and green onions in a large mixing bowl.  Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and paper if needed. Stir in basil.

No comments: