Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Strawberry Ice Cream Pie

My sister-n-law Marcia makes the best Strawberry Ice Cream Pie...so good!  You'll want to make this pie soon....real soon.  I think it's important to pass down recipes from family members and I want Katie to remember all the good cooks we have in the family.

Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
Source: Marcia Dotson

1 package frozen strawberries
1 box strawberry jello
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 container cool whip
1 pre-baked pie shell

Thaw strawberries.  Drain into a measuring cup.  Add water to equal 1 cup. Bring to a boil on the stove.  Add to strawberry jello, stir till dissolved.  Mix in softened vanilla ice cream.  Set in fridge until it starts to set up  (about 10-15 minutes)  Fold in strawberries.  Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.  Chill in fridge.  Top with cool whip.

No comments: