Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Beef and Chicken Fajitas

We had dinner with our best-est friends today.  Deana made fajitas that were so good.   We had a fajita bar, guacamole, cheese dip, and fruit salsa with cinnamon crisps. 


Beef & Chicken Fajitas
Source: Deana Magnuson - who found the recipe on Pinterest

1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chipotle seasoning
3 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
1 (2-lb.) flank steak

Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and add chicken breasts; seal bag. Repeat procedure with remaining marinade and flank steak. Chill 2 hours. (or overnight)

Grill chicken and steak at the same time. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness; grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.

Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak and chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick strips.

No comments: