Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Guacamole

I haven't always been a fan of guacamole and it wasn't until Dan and I went to Dallas that I realized that I did like it....if it was made correctly.  We ate at a fabulous Mexican restaurant and we tried their table side prepared guacamole.  I loved it!  Later we ate at Cantina Laredo in Branson and I watched carefully and have recreated (or something pretty close) to their guacamole.

Guacamole

1 lime
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 large avocado (ripe, slightly soft to squeeze)
1/3 cup red onions, finely diced
2 tbsp. jalapenos, finely diced and seeds removed (optional if you don't want it spicy)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/3 cup tomato, finely diced

Using a fork or one of those juicing gadget, place in the middle of the 1/2 lime and squeeze (turning fork or gadget) to get the juice into a small bowl.  Continue with the other 1/2 lime.  Mix in the sea salt, white pepper, and garlic powder.

Cut avocados in half and remove the seeds.  With a large spoon, remove the pulp and place into a mixing bowl.  With two forks, mash the avocados to make a chunky paste.

Pour the lime/seasonings over the avocados and mix.  Next add the onion, jalapenos, and mix to combine.  Last, add the tomatoes.  Serve with chips and enjoy.

No comments: