Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Today is Mother's Day and I made one of my mom's favorite desserts for her.  I've been wanting to make a pineapple upside down cake in my cast iron skillet for awhile and finally did.  It was super good. I don't know if it's because of the skillet or because I tried a new recipe that was on the side of the cake box.  Below is the recipe I used, from the Duncan  Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix box.  It was so good, and we know this because we all sampled it before I could even turn it upside down!

The only change I'll make next time, is that I think I will use 1-2 cans of pineapple chunks so that there will be lots of pineapple in each bite.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Topping:
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices
maraschino cherries

Cake:
1 pkg Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding/pie filling
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil

Preheat oven to 350*

For topping, melt butter over low heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet.  Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.  Spread to cover bottom of skillet.  Arrange pineapple slices and cherries.  Set aside.

Combine cake mix and other cake ingredients.  Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (my oven  only took  40 minutes)  Invert onto serving plate.

No comments: