Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Creamy Hash Brown Casserole

Here is another Paula Deen recipe that I discovered while in Minnesota.  It's a really good recipe that I've made several times. It's good for breakfast but I usually make this at Easter and serve with Ham.  Or it makes a good side to my pulled pork recipe. 

Creamy Hash Brown Casserole
Source: Paula Deen TV Show

1/4 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of celery soup
1 (8 oz) package shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese blend
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 (30 oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 350*  Lightly butter a casserole dish.

In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.  Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until soft. Pour mixture into a large bowl.  Add the sour cream, soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper.  Combine until well blended.  Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.  Top evenly with crushed potato chops and bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

No comments: