Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sweet Sausages

A few years ago Dan had to go to Mayo for some tests and I was able to go with him.  I was watching the Food Network in the hotel and saw the Paula Deen show.  She was making the most awesome recipes and I was looking them up as fast as I could before I forgot the recipe name.  When I got home I had Jennifer over and we tried this recipe.  It is ridiculously  easy and ridiculously good!

Sweet Sausages
Source: Paula Deen TV show

1 (16 oz) package smoked sausage
1 1/2 cups maple syrup

Cut sausage into 1 inch rounds.  Place in large skillet over medium heat and add the syrup.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low an simmer for 20 minutes.  Serve piping hot.

CROCK POT TIP:  You can also cook this in a crock-pot on low for 2 hours.

No comments: