Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Stuffed French Toast Strata

This recipe comes from my best friend from school Jennifer.  It's a dreamy breakfast recipe, that you can make the night before then pop in the oven the next morning.

Stuffed French Toast Strata
Source: Jennifer Hoofnagle

1 lb French bread
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
8 eggs
2 1/2 cups of milk, cream, or half & half (she uses half & half)
6 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon

Cut French bread loaf into cubes (about 12 cups).  Grease a 9x13 pan.  Place half of cubed bread in pan. Top with cream cheese cubes and then remaining bread crumbs.

With a mixer mix together the eggs, half & half, melted butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon until combined.  Pour the egg mixture over the bread.  Using a spatula press down to moisten.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2-24 hours.  Bake at 325* for 40-45 minutes or until center appears to be set and eggs are golden. Let stand for 10 minutes.  Makes 6-8 servings

No comments: