Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Lasagna

This lasagna recipe is easy and most importantly always good.  The recipe was given to Dan's mom by a family friend.

Lasagna

1 box lasagna noodles (I prefer the type that requires boiling)
2 pounds hamburger
1 onion, diced
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 or 2 cans sliced mushroom (optional)
2 cups bread crumbs (We use a bag of croutons and chop them up)
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 (24 oz.) container cottage cheese
1 (8 oz.) container of parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (I usually add more than 8 oz, we love cheese)
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Cooke noodles according to directions on the box.

Brown the hamburger with the onion, mushrooms, and garlic salt. 

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the spaghetti sauce  and mozzarella cheese.  When the hamburger is done,  stir into this mixture.

Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.  Add a layer of noodles, layer of hamburger mixture, repeat layers.  Add the jar of spaghetti sauce and cheese.

Bake at 350* for 35-45 minutes.

No comments: