Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Baked Sweet Potato

I'm new to the sweet potato world.  I admit that for years I thought I didn't like them.  My only exposure to them was the marshmallow laden sweet potatoes my Mom made at Thanksgiving.   Now as an adult, I like those and I also like them in a healthier version too.  In the past I've baked some sweet potato chunks and I've microwaved them.  Then I stumbled across this recipe, see link below.  I tried it this week and it was hands down the best way to cook a sweet potato. 

Here is the link, I want to give credit to the original source: http://empoweredsustenance.com/bake-a-sweet-potato/

Baked Sweet Potato -- a medium sweet potato is approx. 103 calories

Sweet Potatoes (as many as you want to cook)

  • Wash the sweet potato then prick several times with a fork.
  • Place the sweet potato on the oven rack - in the middle of the oven.
  • Put a piece of foil on the bottom rack (to catch any juices that might drip.)
  • Turn oven on to 425* and bake for about 45 minutes (longer for larger sweet potatoes)
  • When the time is up turn off the oven (but don't open the door) and let set for 30 min to 1 hour.
  • Remove from oven and eat immediately or store in a container in the fridge.

No comments: