Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Herb Crusted Pork Chops

My goal is to eat healthier this year and I've been looking for some inspiring recipes - so that our meals are not boring, bland, and repetitive....as is often the case when you diet.  I have found several recipes from a blog called Eat Yourself Skinny

This recipe is a keeper - very yummy. And even better is that it's easy.

The website said that each pork chop was 210 calories - but I couldn't find thin pork chops so I just made one for myself and cut it in half and Dan had the other half. I estimated our 1/2 pork chop to be around 319 calories.

Herb Crusted Pork Chops
Source: Eat Yourself Skinny blog

4 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
1 tbsp. fresh thyme - chopped
1 tbsp. fresh parsley - minced
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil

Preheat oven to 450*

Rub mustard over chops.  Combine dry ingredients and dip each chop in that herb mixture, covering both sides.  Heat cast iron skillet over med-high heat.  Add oil and swirl pan to coat.  Add pork chops and sauté for 2 minutes or until golden brown.  Turn pork chop over and brown slightly.   Place skillet in the oven for 8 minutes or until pork reaches 145*,

(my chops were thicker so they had to bake longer than 8 minutes.)

No comments: