Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pork Chops with Balsamic Peppers

Tried another healthy recipe.  It was very good so I know we will make it again soon.  The original recipe came from my healthy eating blog Eat Yourself Skinny. I made just a few changes to suit our taste buds.

Pork chops with balsamic peppers

4 pork loin chops
Salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each)
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves- thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers and 1 yellow pepper cut into strips
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar  (I didn't measure, I just splashed some on but it was probably a tablespoon.)

Heat skillet over med-hi heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.  Salt and pepper pork. Add to pan, cook 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, flip pork and add rosemary, garlic, and peppers.  Cook 9 minutes or until peppers are tender and pork is done.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and enjoy.

I served with roasted red potatoes and cottage cheese.



No comments: