Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mexican Stuffed Peppers

This recipe is one I created and I've made it weekly since we started eating better. It's so good and warms up nicely the next day for leftovers.  Or you can cut the recipe down and just make what you need for one meal.



Mexican Stuffed Peppers

6 bell peppers - I usually buy a variety of colors, but we  prefer red.
Olive oil
1 package ground turkey (our  store has19 oz packages)
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt, pepper
Minute Brown and Wild Rice Bowl
1 can Ro*Tel -I use mild
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
chopped fresh cilantro
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350*  Clean the peppers and cut in half.  (we make open face peppers).  Rub with a small amount of olive oil on each pepper, place in baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Brown turkey with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.  Microwave the rice bowl.  Add it to the turkey.  Add Ro*Tel and tomato sauce.  Heat and mix well.
Scoop turkey mixture into each pepper.  Top with chopped cilantro and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.  Bake for about 30 minutes.

Each full pepper has about 300-350 calories.

No comments: