Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Slap Ya Mama Turkey Sausage & Rice

My niece Charly gave me the idea for this recipe, she makes it and told me about it.  We loved it - but one word of advice - be very careful with the Slap Ya Mama seasoning.  A little goes a long ways! I used too much and my lips were numb.

Slap Ya Mama Turkey Sausage with Rice--each serving about 450 cal.

2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
Coconut oil (or you could use olive oil)
4 Johnsonville smoked turkey sausage links, sliced
Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
Minute White or Jasmine Rice bowls

Sauté pepper and onion slices in coconut oil until tender.  Add in sliced turkey sausages and heat over med-high heat.

Microwave the rice bowls (each bowl is 1 serving)  Fluff rice and place on  your plate -  I sprinkled some soy sauce over the rice but that's optional.  Then put the turkey mixture over rice and sprinkle on a SMALL amount of Slap Ya Mama seasoning.  Enjoy.

No comments: