Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chicken Enchiladas

This skinny recipe for Chicken Enchiladas is adapted from a recipe I found on the Cooking Light website.  I made them today for us and my two visiting nieces.  I thought I'd have leftovers for lunch Monday - - think again.

Chicken Enchiladas - each enchilada approx.150 calories

1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tbsp. butter
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (cayenne)
2 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
12 oz. shredded, skinless boneless rotisserie chicken
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
12 (6 inch) Mission Extra Thin yellow corn tortillas
Cooking spray
2-3 cups 2% Mexican blend cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Plain Greek  yogurt

Preheat broiler to high. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

Put the butter in a medium sauce pan and sauté the onion and garlic until tender.  Add chicken stock, spices, and tomato sauce.  Boil for 2 minutes.  Reserve 1 1/2 cups for later.  Add the beans and chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until chicken is hot. 

Stack tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.  Scoop about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture into tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.  Top with reserved sauce and cheese.  Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and sauce is bubbly.  Top with tomatoes  Greek yogurt, and cilantro

No comments: