Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Brown and Wild Rice with Toasted Pecans

Dan loved this rice! Quick and easy and went well with our tilapia tonight.

Brown and Wild Rice with Toasted Pecans

2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 small  onion, diced
2 Minute Brown and Wild Rice bowls (microwaved for 90 seconds)
1/4 cup chicken stock
salt, pepper, thyme, parsley
grated carrot

Melt butter in pan, swirl to coat.  Add pecan and onion.  Cook until browned.  Add rice and chicken stock.  Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and herbs.  Add some grated carrot and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice absorbs the chicken stock. 

No comments: