Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Parmesan Baked Chicken Bites

McDonalds is out of the question so I  had to find a way to satisfy my chicken nugget craving.  This recipe comes together fairly quickly and was very good.  We had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.

Parmesan Baked Chicken Bites

1 package skinless chicken breast strips (cut into 2 inch pieces)
1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan (the real stuff not the fake stuff in the green container)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup flour  (I used all-purpose, but next time I'm going to try almond or coconut flour.)
salt
pepper
paprika
garlic powder
poultry seasoning
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
cooking spray

Preheat oven to  400*. Cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.  Set aside.

Spread  panko crumbs in a cookie sheet and bake 5-7 minutes until golden brown.  Transfer the panko crumbs to a shallow dish and mix in the Parmesan cheese and sea salt.  Drizzle the oil and mix well.

In 2nd bowl, put the 2 eggs and lightly beat.

In 3rd bowl, put the flour and sprinkle in (I didn't measure, just sprinkled some in) salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and  poultry seasoning.

Place a wire rack on a large cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.  In small batches dip chicken into flour, then egg, then panko.  Put on rack.  Bake about 12-15 minutes or until done. 

No comments: