Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Chicken and Dressing Casserole


Chicken and Dressing Casserole
Source:  Granny Lois

4 large chicken breasts

1 (10 ¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup

1 (10 ¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup

1 (8oz) pkg herb seasoned stuffing mix

½ cup butter, melted

 

Boil chicken until tender. Remove chicken from broth.  Strain broth reserving 2 2/3 cups. Debone chicken and cut into small pieces.  Set aside.  Combine chicken soup with half the broth.  Mix well and set aside.  Combine mushroom soup with remaining broth.  Mix well and set aside.  Combine stuffing mix and butter.  Reserve ¼ cup for garnish.  Spoon half of the remaining stuffing mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.  Top with half the chicken.  Cover with chicken soup mixture.  Repeat layer.  Pour mushroom soup over layers.  Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Remove casserole from refrigerator for 15 minutes before baking.  Uncover and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

No comments: