Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Corn Salad

Corn Salad

Source: Michele Uptegrove

5 ears of corn, shucked
1 small red onion, diced
3 tbsp. cider vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone.  Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color.  When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob. 

toss the kernels in a large bowl with all ingredients but the basil.  Chill.  Just before serving toss in the fresh basil.  Taste for seasoning and serve.

No comments: