Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Blueberry Chili

This recipe is from the wife of a therapist that used to work in my office.  When he said he was bringing blueberry chili I thought he was nuts.  It's surprisingly very good!

Blueberry Chili

2 pounds ground beef
3 cans light red kidney beans (15 oz each)
2 cans tomato paste (12 oz each)
1 can stewed tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
2 cups frozen blueberries or 1 can blueberry pie filling (16 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (14.5 oz)
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp parsley flakes
2 tbsp basil leaves
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Creole seasoning
1 tsp oregano leaves
1 tsp ground pepper

Put drained and rinsed kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and water into a large crock pot  Mash the stewed tomatoes and add to the pot.  Add blueberries  (if using pie filling, wash and drain the blueberries).  Brown the ground beef in a skillet, drain and add pot. Warm mixture on low heat for an hour, then add the seasonings.  Heat an additional hour and serve.

No comments: