Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Éclair Cake

 

Éclair Cake

Ingredients

  • 24 graham crackers

  • 2 (3.4-ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding

  • 2 ⅓ cups cold milk

  • 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping, thawed

  • 2 (4-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate bars

  • 1 cup heavy cream

Directions

  1. In a 13-x 9-inch glass dish, place one layer of graham crackers, breaking up the crackers as needed to fill the space.

    In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and cold milk. Fold in the whipped topping.

    Spread half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Top with a final layer of graham crackers. Transfer the dish to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.

  2. While the cake layers are chilling, make the ganache topping: Finely chop the chocolate, and transfer it to a heat-safe bowl.

    In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream on medium-low for 5 minutes until just boiling. Do not allow the cream to heat to a rolling boil. Slowly pour the hot heavy cream over the chopped chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit for two minutes before whisking until smooth.

  3. Remove the chilled eclair cake layers from the fridge. Pour the prepared ganache over top and smooth it with a spatula. Cover the eclair cake with the baking dish lid or plastic wrap and put it back in the fridge. Allow the cake to chill for at least 8 hours before serving.

No comments: