Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Gluten-Free Shortcake

 Gluten Free Shortcake

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups King Arthur GF Flour 
  • 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream 
  • 1 large egg

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.

  2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl.

  3. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream and egg. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to form a cohesive dough.

  4. Scoop the dough in 1 1/2-ounce balls onto the baking sheet (a jumbo cookie scoop works well here); use the palm of your hand to gently flatten each to about 2" to 2 1/2" diameter.

  5. Brush the tops of the shortcakes with cream, and sprinkle with coarse white sparkling sugar.

  6. Bake the shortcakes for 10 to 12 minutes, until they're risen and baked all the way through; break one open to make sure.

  7. Remove the shortcakes from the oven, split, and top with berries and whipped cream. Store, well-wrapped, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.

No comments: